- Founded in 1942, CMTDA ia a trade association dedicated to the marketing of machine tools and services in Canada through distributorship companies.
2. Aims and Objectives
- 2.1 To promote friendly business relations among its members.
- 2.2 To provide means whereby problems affecting the industry, as a whole, can be readily discussed and to co-operate, as a group, to further the interests of the industry by all desirable and lawful means.
- 2.3 To stimulate growth in the use of machine tools and to secure wider markets for these tools.
- 2.4 To help industry to render better service to users of machine tools.
- 2.5 To advertise the industry and the specific advantages attainable through the use of machine tools.
- 2.6 To make available information which will assist users and prospective users to obtain properly selected machine tools.
- 2.7 To collect and disseminate statistics on market capacity and other pertinent information.
- 2.8 To exchange information among the members for the purpose of reducing distribution costs and eliminating waste and duplication of efforts.
- 2.9 To enable the members, as a group, to discuss with the government, if need be, tariff problems and all other problems relating to machine tools desirable to deal with as industry matters.
3. Services and Activities
- 3.1 Statistical Data Collection, collation and dissemination of confidential statistical data to members on the sales of machine tools. The monthly reports issued to members include breakdowns by region as well as by the type of machine tool.
- 3.2 Liaison with Government. A government relations committee is continually carrying on a dialogue with Government on behalf of the members on topics such as trade, tariffs, standards and other areas related to machine tools.
- 3.3 Membership Meetings. Meetings such as the Annual General Meeting and Spring Conference afford the opportunity for members to discuss problems affecting the industry and to formulate positive plans to stimulate growth in the use of machine tools.
- 3.4 Active Committees. In addition to the above, the Association has standing committees on Business Advisory, Membership, Trade Shows, Quebec and appoints others as the need arises in order to assist the members.
- Full Membership and Associate Membership are open to any individual or firm meeting the conditions of the Association’s By-Laws. CMTDA members represent the best of the industry. THey have demonstrated technical competence, financial responsibility, marketing know-how and adherence to the principals of ethical service.